High-Speed Canyon Jet Ski – Lake Powell GoPro
“I’m an introvert… I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky.” – Audrey Hepburn
Looking for some inspiration to get outdoors and enjoy nature? To help inspire you, below are 10 great quotes from the legendary John Muir:
- “Winds are advertisements of all they touch, however much or little we may be able to read them; telling their wanderings even by their scents alone.” – John Muir
- “Going to the mountains is going home.” – John Muir
- “If one pine were placed in a town square, what admiration it would excite! Yet who is conscious of the pine-tree multitudes in the free woods, though open to everybody?” – John Muir
- “The snow is melting into music.” – John Muir
- “I know that our bodies were made to thrive only in pure air, and the scenes in which pure air is found.”
- “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
- “None of Nature’s landscapes are ugly so long as they are wild.” – John Muir
- “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
- “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir
- “The sun shines not on us but in us.” – John Muir
Interested in a lightweight camp stove powered by alternative fuels? Check out this incredible EmberLit Titanium Stove. Weighing in at less than 5.45 oz, the Emberlit-UL stove caters to those who pay special attention to the weight of their gear. Made of pure titanium, the Emberlit-UL is just as strong and impervious to corrosion as it’s stainless steel brother, but at half the weight. With use the individual panels that make up the EmberLit Titanium may take on a slight warp. This is normal and doesn’t affect the assembly or durability of the stove. Likewise it comes with a lifetime guarantee… you’ll never need to buy another one! And unlike many other stoves, Emberlit stoves are made in the USA.
Men have always had a bit of an advantage when relieving themselves outdoors, while traveling, at concerts, in nasty situations, and countless other places. But Women now have the same advantage with Freshette. From the manufacturer: “If you are an active outdoor woman you know what a hassle it can be trying to urinate when restrooms are unsanitary or unavailable. The alternative of having to get halfway undressed can result in exposure to the elements and embarrassment. This is where the Sports & Travel Freshette plays a vital role, allowing you to urinate while standing, requiring minimal or no undressing.” Learn more about Freshette and see current pricing at Makais.
Ontario Knife Company has been manufacturing the 1-18 Machete under U.S. Government specifications for over 60 years. The same high quality machete that our troops expect, can be yours for an unbelievable value! This full tang American made machete can tackle any situation you throw at it! You can take this machete to the jungle, to your campsite, or just use it to clear weeds in your backyard. One thing is for sure: If you own this machete, you will own one of the finest machetes on planet, and it will cost you less than you think! Visit Makais for our current pricing!
All you need, right where you need it. This Vaude Cluster backpack has a full line-up of essential features for a small tour. Rain cover with safety light attachment – expansion bellows – helmet holder – side mesh pockets – padded hip belt with pocket – suspension system with F.L.A.S.H. adjustment – sternum strap – opening for hydration system – coin compartment – safety light attachment – front outer pocket with mesh organizer – reflective elements. See our current price at Makais. Supplies are limited!
Want a big bad Norwegian knife? Check out the Helle Taiga! From the manufacturer: “The Taiga is a big working knife suited for larger hands. The handle of colored birch is well shaped for a comfortable grip. It is a big knife with a blade of triple laminated stainless steel. Even for a big knife it does not feel cumbersome. It comes with a traditional pouch sheath with a belt loop. It is a nice package.” As with all Helle Knives, this awesome knife is handmade in Norway and is the absolute finest quality. Although the Helle brand is somewhat new in the North American market, Helle has been hand making knives in Norway since the 1930’s! To learn more about this Norwegian Helle Taiga knife and to see our current pricing, visit Makais.